Physically, Orem, Utah
The interested might review my CV. A listing of some of my professional skills follows.
- Object oriented programming
- Functional programming (closures are awesome)
- Aspect oriented programming
- Model-View-Controller framework usage and design
- Relational Database usage and design
- API design, usage, development
- Core language up to PHP 5.3 (traits are interesting)
MVC Framework experience
- CakePHP up to version 1.3
- Yii (nice MVC PHP framework)
- Verison 4.1 up to current
- Common DML and DDL
- Subqueries (and performance)
- Foreign keys
- Progressive enhancement (including AJAX)
- Install/config - mostly Arch Linux/Gentoo
- Apache config
- MySQL setup, including some replication
- PHP setup/config
- DNS - some familiarity
- Semantic HTML markup
Iiridayn - programmer and social Internet
Ged Crimsonclaw - competition
Yevuard - draconic, wisdom
Most of my interests appear to focus around Information science.
- Information Science - knowledge
- Education - transmission
- Lingustics - transmission
- Graphic Design, HCI, Usability, Information Architecture - transmission
- Organization, categories, ontologies, history, culture, convention, etc
- Complexity reduction
- Logic, including Go and Chess, puzzles, strategy, etc.
- Computers - the whole stack, especially the lower digital layers
- Networking - especially distributed
- Security - both physical and digital
- Social skills, persuasion, communication, design, etc - social power
- Martial arts - found and studying Wing Chun
- Fantasy - ideas and concepts; "what if?"
- Online art, especially dragon and similar: therianthrope, furry, gryphon, etc
- Dragons in particular; literature and art. I have heard a well constructed argument that gryphons might be considered a subgroup of dragons.
- Music - I perform vocally, but enjoy most types
Since I am between jobs while working with a sleep doctor I suppose most of my time qualifies as hobbies lately.
Projects which I would like to undertake someday
Notes about projects are found here
- This site - an index of my knowledge, both internal and external.
- Image curation and storage site - so that for me at least they stop going offline.
- Information deluge management site - email, text, social, phone, etc.
- Decentralized P2P MMO architecture - so even if I stop hosting it, the game can survive.
- Customized hardware and software for my use
- Quadsuit - as realistic as possible dragon costume with as much articulation as I can cram into it.